Wednesday, March 29, 2023

 Update.

The electrician finally left a job site to come up and take a look.  When he arrived, he said he was surprised to see the park near full.  Yes, well I have done heavy advertising.  He said they built a park south of town on 59 and he hardly has anyone in there.  Hmmm.

I looked it up after the electrician left, sure enough there is a new, small park down there. Well out of the way, tho.  Not near the city. People wanting long term probably don't want to have to drive that far to get to town. He is also way over-priced. $50 per night? Lol.  Ok bud, no wonder you are sinking over there.  Try bringing down your prices, more business at a lower price is better than almost no business at a higher one.  It's why I have my prices where they're at.  I'm competitive with everyone but my nightly fee is undercutting most everyone.  My monthly as well, but I'm bringing that up. 

Anyway, I showed him everything I had done and asked the big question: Do I need a ground wire running from the pedestal to the shed?  I showed him the grounding rods I had installed.  He thought about it for a minute and said, yeah it should be fine.  But you could see he wasn't quite sure about his words.  So he called a person he works with. I could hear the conversation coming from the person on the phone.  My electrician explained that "he has ground rods in the ground at the shed, but he doesn't have a ground coming from the pedestal. Do you think that will be okay?"

I could hear the guy saying yes, as long as there is a neutral wire running from the pedestal.  The neutral wire apparently saved me along with the double ground rods at the shed. 

I had him take a look at everything, tho.  He went inside and asked if the light was hooked up? I have a ceiling light up.  Yes, it's all rock and roll time.  Ok! I'm going to go throw the circuit breaker and see what happens!  Uhh, oh.  Well I didn't hook up the lines at the pedestal, there is no power going to the breaker box yet, I was afraid of making an error, hence I wanted a professional to look.  

This guy went on and on about how he was surprised to see the park with so many RV 's in it.  Time to expand!  Yes, I said, I want to but I am having trouble getting a loan. It's at least 100k to build another 14-15 lots and right now, it's pretty tough. Plus they want 2 to 5 grand for an appraisal. What if I give that kind of money only to find out I can't get a loan anyway? That's just way too much money to lose for nothing.

He still went on, telling me everything I'd have to do.  I just threw up my hands, I totally wish I could!  Those people - the contractors - are loaded with money. It's nothing to them to talk about throwing 100k at a project.  Me? not so much lmao.  Too bad these contractors won't lend me the money, I could pay them back in about 4 maybe 5 years with plenty of interest to make them happy.  

So what's next. Well go back to the property and hook the thing up, of course.  I was leaving when he texted me back saying he was coming from Carthage.  I was leaving for lunch, I was starving, very hungry.  So I'm home, just got done with lunch, going to head back over there and see about getting this thing fired up!  

The new people haven't moved in, yet. That's likely due to having to tear down where they're at, put everything up and get it all moved over to my place.  

I am SO glad I don't have to throw another $500 at this project on top of everything else I've already spent and what I'm going to have to pay these other contractors to do the bathroom.  It's a breath of fresh air.  It's not just the money, either, I'm just really tired of toiling with it.  It's heavy labor and it's a lot of "thinking" in realms that I have no expertise. Looking at endless YouTube videos and trying to get a grasp on what I am doing.  

I just wish I felt a little better today. The pollen in the air is apparently getting me good.  It's still hitting everyone around here and the vehicles are still getting covered with green dust - pollen.  It takes the energy out of me. I have the drive to get this stuff done, but when the energy goes I'm just lagging and not feeling it.

Well, I'm heading back over, I feel better after having had a nice, keto friendly, Reuben sandwich.  

  

No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...