Tuesday, April 4, 2023

 Spent the whole day fooling around with getting stuff done.  I mean, it's just time consuming going from one store to another to another.  Lowe's was a bit ridiculous.  I went there twice, first time waiting for 25 or so minutes for help.  No help, even tho I was sitting at the front desk, I had a meeting elsewhere and had to leave.  Coming back - a man helped me immediately.  It still took 40 minutes because the roll up door in the was busted and he had to walk clear around the store to get my insulation.

If you have ever seen a Lowe's, you know that isn't going to be a 5 minute venture.  Sign, Lowe's, Walmart, lunch, property, and then to the collision center.  

They did an estimate, worked it up quick and handed it to me. $3,500.  About what I figured.  New hood, bumper, fender, light and whatever else.  I was fretting the price because if it's too high, the insurance company will total the vehicle and then I am stuck with "fair market value".  Which isn't anything near what I would need to buy another used vehicle. It would be a good down payment, yet, but the prices of even used vehicles right now are sky high.  

I don't want another vehicle, I want this one fixed.  After looking up market values for it, it's around 9 grand.  That's mid price.  The exterior of my vehicle besides the damage, of course, is in excellent condition.  I couldn't leave it, they need approval from the adjuster. But the lady assured me that the adjuster they work with from Progressive is very good and will work to make sure that everything is taken care of.  Please and thank you. 

I mean, what else can I say? I got the big stuff over at the shed now, I just need to get over there and get started on it.  That is definitely not happening today, it's too late.  I am just glad to have gotten done what I got done today.  Elongated mess.  Tomorrow I will try to get over there if/after they take the SUV in and get some serious work done.  I don't really know how I'm going to work transportation right now,  I don't have any estimate of how long it will take - I totally forgot to ask her. The write up she gave me shows zero days for the work, lol.  

_________________

The insurance agent texted me back. He didn't know what was going on, I suggested that the agent with the collision repair center had emailed him and I also gave him the quote they gave me.  I didn't hear back from him today.  I don't know if that means anything in particular.  Just means he has to do whatever he has to do. Insurance companies aren't particularly in a hurry when it comes to at-fault collisions of their customers.  

But that's what they're in the business for.  So, I expect to hear from him tomorrow - him or the collision repair center person. She said they can take me in immediately.  What that means is that they take the vehicle in, tear it down, find out any unseen damages, adjust the cost and then they start ordering stuff.  I already knew it was going to be a long, drawn-out ordeal.  I mean, it doesn't take them long to take everything apart.  It's ordering the parts and then the process of putting it back together and trying to make it look like nothing ever happened to the vehicle is the long part.  

Whatever the case, I am going to the property tomorrow morning to work. When I find out the verdict - and hoping it means yes, they will cover it versus totaling the vehicle - I will take it in and find a way home.  Or find a way back to the property.  Depending on time of day.  I am still highly motivated to get that work done over there.  I can't advertise a bathroom until there are walls and a door up.  

The man's image was posted on a site that posts pics of people that have been arrested.  He had to pay to get out of jail, tho not terribly much I don't think if I'm correct.  There is probably a plea deal coming, do community service, counseling, whatever, I doubt there will be jail time. There will probably be a fine levied as well. This isn't really anything I am wishing upon this man. He could be hot tempered and gets to that level that quickly frequently, or he could have been having a bad day.  Or who knows what. I had a bad day yesterday, but his day yesterday was worse.  

Well, I'm tired and am going to bed. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...