Monday, May 15, 2023

 It's basically bad news when it comes to people in the park right now. None of these temporary workers were going to stay forever, but a few of them made it sound like they were staying longer than what they actually are.  For example, lot 3 texted me today - he was supposedly sticking around for a year. He's been there for about 3 months. He's leaving Sunday. That was totally unexpected.

Lot 4, 7 and 12 are currently empty.  A few overnight gigs coming up, but nothing to compensate for this kind of loss. Lot 2 will be leaving in about 3 weeks. Lot 5 I'm not really sure about. I need 2 long term immediately, basically.  Well, at least 1 with more needed soon.  

I can't fret about these things, I just have to hope some people show up out of nowhere, say they are staying for awhile, do you have anything? That's pretty much how it happens. I'm probably going to run a boosted Facebook ad. I have ads up, free ones, but I need ads up targeting people looking for long term. 

To that end, I'm going to join a bunch of Facebook groups over in Shreveport - right now actually - be back in a few, lmao. There we go, numerous join requests.  And a huge Dallas group was in the midst of the Shreveport stuff, so I put in a join request there as well. I get lots of visitors from Dallas, I can add that short term is also available on my next ad. I"m going to create a new ad versus keep using the old ones. They don't seem to be effective, I need fresh material with at least a few newer pics. 

It seems to me I should also be joining groups in Carthage, Longview and Tyler.  People move around in this region a lot. 

I did get more than half the park finished today, but I overheated badly. I should have taken more water and sugar free Gatorade with me, I will remember tomorrow morning to go finish that stuff. I ended up soaking wet in sweat - head to toes - I was not feeling well at all. It was hot in the sense of direct sunlight and high humidity.  I felt so bad I just came home and sat down in my cold bedroom office chair and sat there.  I was contemplating going back this afternoon to finish up, but that was a no go.  Hydration!  I had water, didn't bring near enough.

There.  Brand new ad.  Posted all over the place, including an attempt to post in the Dallas group.  Facebook boost added. Now to wait for them to approve or reject it. I have no idea why some of the ads Facebook says is ok and others Facebook says no.  They don't tell you. It's why I don't delete the ads that they accept.   I'm just sitting here thinking to go to bed early and try to get up early. Depending on sleep quality. Get the rest of the mowing done while the temps are still lower.  

I also just realized that most of the pics I have are from winter and not showing all the beautiful greenery in the trees.  I will take a bunch of fresh pics tomorrow and update all of my ads.  I'll be able to get shots with freshly mowed grass.  

Enough.  Ad created, workout completed. I haven't done curls with curl bar in ages.  Gag I'm so out of shape!

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...