Sunday, July 16, 2023

Made it to church. Really liked the message, glad I went.  It was a challenging message, I'm not saying I liked it because it strokes the flesh/ego. 

Off to the property afterward, the people at lot 14 were all over the idea of getting at me and getting into an extended conversation.  Nice folks, they are buying property but, as usual, it's taking forever to close.  There weren't too many complaints, but they said the shed smells like cigarettes. I don't smoke cigarettes, James hasn't been in there in 2 weeks.  She said they may be at my place until October.  

Sounds about right. They have 3 closings to do - long story not worth going into.  Then they have to get utilities run to the intended RV site.  Yup, you're going to wait probably 2 months for the power company to get out there. They said it isn't Swepco and named the name of the company - Upshur. Yup, it'll be even longer than Swepco. She replied they told her 12 weeks.  Well, they can't start the utility request until they get the property they are going to end up with.

Ok, ok. Short version of the story:  They bought a property that is out in the middle of a rancher's property that surrounds it. Hundreds of acres surrounding this 6 acre situation. The lady that owned it wouldn't sell to the rancher after she listed it for sale, lmao.  Bad blood there, who knows, obviously a story and I would love to hear it. 

So, these folks bought the property and the rancher offered to give them 6 acres of property elsewhere that he owns in exchange for that property.  They agreed after seeing it, declaring that it was better property than the one they bought.  It's a long process just to get one property closed, lol.  I'm glad they'll be there a while, I can't really afford more people leaving right now.  I already have at least one more being sent somewhere else and if he leaves before the full month is up, I'll have to pro-rate a refund to him. 

After that conversation, I went into the shed.  Yes, heavy cigarette smell, I contacted the person I know who is doing it and asker her to please stop smoking in there.  I have received no reply, but the message is conveyed.  

Off to Applebee's. Yes I'm staying away from restaurants but this is just a thing I have been doing on Sundays, tho admittedly haven't been there in 3 weeks.  That was cut short with the oncoming storm whose intensity grew significantly into a severe thunderstorm warning.  That little dog of theirs goes crazy in thunderstorms, needed to get home and put her in their bedroom before the thunder reached us.  Wolf down food and left.  Kind of unfortunate.  My one restaurant outing of the week and I had to hurry up and leave.  
_________
Storm didn't even hit yet, a little rain but the worst of it yet to come and the power has gone out 4 times now.  I can tell you that after going 7 days without power not that long ago, I really don't want to do that again.  Like, do I need to run over to the park, hook up the trailer, go to where I have generator stored, push that thing up on the trailer and drag it home?  I seriously hope not.  

But I have this down now.  Run a heavy duty extension cord through my window, plug everything in including the AC unit and I can live normally. In my room, anyway.  

.....riding this one out. The power came back on and so, I'll just hope it stays on. Other people in town saying their power is still out.  

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...