Friday, July 7, 2023

 Lol. These people showed up for an overnight stay, they reserved it in advance and had already paid up. I was there when they showed up.  Well, is everything ok? Yes, I replied, y'all are paid up, there aren't any more coming in tonight, you can pick whichever lot you want that's empty.  That apparently threw them for a loop.  I'll assign a lot if the place is full.  I also asked if they needed to use the shower facility or anything? Oh, no, we'll take showers in our trailer. Okee dokee.  

So what are they doing? My phone was blowing up with notifications from the camera.  They are all in there taking showers.  Plus there are 4 ladies in there shooting the breeze.  One of them is doing laundry, I guess the others just want to chit chat? I've never seen so many people in that shed.  

My sign is ready.  But, I need another one that says "Office". Everyone is always asking where the office is?  I don't have an office, but if it's going to make people more comfortable...I've thought about putting a small desk and a chair in there.  Nothing fancy and definitely nothing new.  Cheap, thanks.  Plenty of room for one now that I've cleaned everything up and moved 2/3rd's of the stuff out of there.  

I've got so much to do at the property and so little time to get it done....I really need a helping hand. If I could find someone to actually work.  Side hustle, lots of physical labor but I tend to pay well enough to motivate people. Yet, that doesn't seem to work.  

Well, the oldest boy wants to work tomorrow. Fine.  If parents say he can, we will endeavor to fix the driveway.  I'm glad I got that shed cleaned up today, but that driveway is high priority.  Kept getting shuffled off for other things and then I got sick.  After I get the shed painted and the driveway fixed, it's off to the tilling machine. For days and days, I am guessing.  It's beats your arms up and you can really only do it for 20-30 minutes at a time before you have to stop.  

I will only do the amount of area on any give lot that a pallet full of sod will cover. So,, 40X10.  No, 50X10, I forgot, this guy claims his pallets will cover 500 square feet.  Other distributors say 400.  

Oh, and the tent lady. She was all excited today. Came in the shed to tell me her wonderful news: I got a job!  Well yayyy!  That's great! Congrats! She will be working at the local Tobacco Junction, the most popular tobacco store in this town and the other town where the main store is at.  It's an easy job. Their store in our town is a shed like mine about the same size.  In fact, I think it's exactly the same size.

They get a pretty constant stream of vehicles lined up at their drive thru. Their other store is a huge place with 2 walk-in humidors and a cigar lounge that is available only if you have a membership with them. Anyway, this should pull them out of this tent camping stuff and I feel like I had some small part in helping them.

Oh, forgot to mention.  This happens all the time, people come in, hook up and then...their water heater doesn't work.  They ask if I have a shower? Used to say no. Now I can say yes.  However, it's just a 40 gallon heater, if people are taking long showers, the people after them are not likely going to have a hot shower.  Of course, it's warm outside but you still want a bit of warm in a shower. At least I do unless I'm burning up and I got into the shower so I could cool off.  


No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...