Tuesday, August 15, 2023

 I'm a naturally curious person, so I ask people questions about whatever they are doing. Most people will talk about themselves readily and without hesitation.  It's not just a way to show interest in a person, it's also a way to find out information out of that person that might have relevance to whatever you are doing, or perhaps someone you know doing the same thing and they might be interested to hear such information.

This is how I knew about the new RV park.  Straight from the horse's mouth that built the thing and also knew that they had sold it even tho the realty sites say it's under contract, which could mean anything. 

But the same for the Interstate project coming through here in a couple of years and the same with the alleged status of our town being a hotspot for pipeline workers next year - tho the people I talked to didn't know why it was going to be a hotspot, their companies had informed them as of such. I find it strange that people in the RV park industry around here don't ask such questions of people coming and going out of their parks. It can materially affect their operation  in a good way.  And perhaps get prepared for it. If it really picks up around here, I will be put in a position where I can raise my rates.  Why have a park filled with people paying $425 when I can have it filled with people paying $500?

I went over and collected from the people I should have collected from last night and then collected from the guy that showed up today. He is the boss of a crew of people that go around from town to town where Quik Trips are being built and installs all the networking and security cameras. Important work, I'd say,the heartbeat of a store like that is all of the wiring and electronics that make everything work. Not electrical wiring, but the wiring for cash registers, security cameras, everything that needs it.  

I have some things to do at the park tomorrow - more weeds of course but some stuff I want to get done in the shed.  I hooked a propane bottle up to the RV and the stove started working. Sprayed water/soap mixture on various connections to make sure nothing was leaking.  So, now they can cook.  They've been wanting that quite a lot, can't blame them.  They've been using a microwave and a convection cooker. Better than nothing, but there isn't really anything to replace being able to cook your own meals.  

Winding down with them. I still haven't finished the hot water line - it's probably an hour's worth of work that I will try to complete tomorrow as well. She said it's not a priority because they don't need to take hot showers right now.  Perhaps, I thought, but it will also pump hot water out the sink faucet.  You know, for cleaning your dishes?  

But, the pressure is starting to be relieved on getting things done.  14 lots filled, I need one more long term.  I have to keep at least one open for short term since I have some in there for next month.  Well, there is lot 7 pull through. They should be leaving soon.  Like, tomorrow morning actually. They came in for 8 days, 5 days, another 5 days and that is almost done.  Of course, they can stay as long as they like, lol, but it was a temporary deal where the guy was here for work and not that long.  

I'm always looking for more people.  I don't turn anyone down now unless I absolutely have nothing available.  There are 2 empty lots and lot 7 coming available, no need to turn anyone away. I can deal with the 4 days of reservations on one lot, no need to stop long term coming in because of that.  And that isn't until next month.  

The New Jersey people are behind ... too far behind.  They aren't contacting me, so I will contact them and inform them a minimum amount of money needs to come my way.  If you don't keep on people like that, you won't get anything. Or they'll give you very small amounts that don't add up to anything.  They have to understand that I am not a pushover or playing games.  I don't know if the guy is still working or what, I don't see him at all. They got another car from someone but that car isn't gone much. None of my concern excepting the part about money.  

I left my payment book in the car.  Need to add up what's coming in the rest of this month and see what i can take for myself.  It's a matter of survival at the moment, not just, gee I could use an extra few bucks.  

The trucking company didn't call me back today about moving the orientation date. Not concerned about that, they seriously want me working for them.  Maybe they'll give me the update tomorrow.  There's a couple local places I'm going to fill out full applications for Monday morning. If they perhaps want me to work for them, I'll need to be ready to go to work for them right away. I can't do that this week. They may not - I don't have the particular experience they are looking for.  That won't stop me from trying. These are local jobs that are only in this area, not huge trucking companies with orientations 2,100 miles away.  Truly local job - but it's still long hours. 

I don't really care about orientations being so far away, I guess, just being away from home that long isn't really appealing.

Next door neighbor flags me down after I got home from collecting payments.  What's up? I wanted to tell you this because of what you just went through with Addler. Her large dog - cane corso? - has elbow cancer and is going to die "within 2 months" she was told. Another dog has terminal cancer.  She is losing 2 of 3 dogs in the next few months. You get a dog, you get attached to it, you spend a portion of your life with it and then it dies.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...