Tuesday, August 15, 2023

 The magic of having a house to yourself, even if only temporarily,.

Kid are at school - thank God almighty - parents are at work.  

Early - Tuesday.  I can't imagine the sacks of joy those 2 kids must have been this morning being awakened at 5:40 am after getting up whenever they  please, basically, for the entire summer.  They will both be cranky when they get home today, the youngest especially so.

Anyway, I've ramped up my ... I don't know what they call them. Mini-applications? I am getting all kinds of trucking companies looking for drivers showing up on my facebook feed. You fill out this short thing that prefills anyway and hit send.  Several tanker jobs I hadn't seen before showed up via Facebook spying on my personal activities and attempting to "fill the need" as the bots see fit.

This is the week of the wedding, which occurs on Saturday.  After that, I'm full tilt into finding a new job. Doesn't mean I won't take the one that is slated in Oregon in September, it means that I am looking at every option that comes my way.  Actually, I'm kind of full tilt into it already.  You can get hired today in trucking but you still have to go through an orientation which is usually somewhere far from where you live.

They schedule the next available orientation and off you go!  

I'm feeling much better, btw.  Not 100% but a heckuva lot better than the last what, 7 days? Longer?  Haven't really kept track.  A bit of a cough, still have this itchy feeling but the fever is gone and the icky feeling is almost gone.  Yesterday I was feelin better as well, but I was still getting waves of fatigue hitting me.  

Looks like about 80% of Texas is in some phase of drought.  Amazingly, it lists my county as "none".  It hasn't rained here in a while. Grass everywhere is turning brown.  Walking over our front yard, it's crunchy, like walking on Captain Crunch cereal or something.  It's dying and unless we start watering it, it's not going to make it.  There is no real chance of rain in the next 15 days. I mean, there are very low percentages listed, nothing that would make one think, gee, it's going to rain! 

It just solidifies me not doing anything about grass right now.  I take that back, if I had the money, I would get a well drilled and supply my own water for grass.  The city water is great! Until you look at the bill.  It would cost a small fortune in water bills to start trying to water grass seed 4 times a day or keeping sod wet. I've thought about it tho, doing just a lot or two and seeing what happens.  They want over $200 for a pallet of sod which is enough for maybe one lot.  

I can tell ya that at some point in the future, there is going to be a well drilled. There is plenty of water underground in these parts, there are no restrictions on it if you aren't trying to use it for tap water so basically, after you pay to drill it and have the pipe and pump installed and run your own water lines from it? It's free water, minus the cost of electricity for the pump.  

I guess I need to go get Addler today.  "Addler is back".  That sounded weird when they called and said that. His ashes are back, Addler is gone.  Not really motivated to go get them, just another reminder he is no longer around.  It's still fresh in my mind that this giant dog that used to love to be at my side is gone forever.  

The high today at 92, I'm leaving in a bit to go do work on the lots.  Just cutting down weeds and making it look as presentable as it can look without any grass.  Ok, there are bits of wild grass growing here and there, doesn't really look like anything since it's not a solid sheet of it.  In fact, it just grows in giant clumps and is just another thing to do on the "cut it down" list.  Amazing that stuff isn't dying without being watered.  I don't know what type of grass it is, but it's quite hardy.  

And that's it. Besides the very strange world of politics and endless Trump indictments.  Or the lack of Hunter investigation from the Democrat side or even interest in carrying one out, regardless of the mounting evidence that is showing that Joe Biden sold out his country for millions of dollars.  

Well that and this oddity of this new RV park, the revelation of the two biggest contenders I currently have in town are struggling and the idea that I still have a fighting chance to keep a decent market share of the business.  I'm going to look at this with as much positivity as possible, doesn't help anything to get ultra-negative and get into a 'woe is me' mindset.  

But yes, I do need to drive over there and maybe this morning before I do anything else and see if I can drive in there and take a look. Or whatever I can see from the roadway.  I dunno if they have the place gated and locked.  

Yes, that's a great idea!\

Off to the races.  BTW? I've done 3 of those mini-apps since I started writing this blog entry, lol. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...