Tuesday, October 31, 2023

 Maybe 3 hours round trip this morning, was back by 11:15 am.  That done I headed over to a local Mexican food restaurant for some of their excellent Birria tacos, so delicious.  

 Unfortunately, no new calls for a lot.  I turned one away as I stated previously because the "purple people" were supposed to come and didn't cancel out until evening time of the day they were supposed to show.  Live and learn.  People want a lot that bad? They can give a deposit for it.  

Anyway, we met up with some other families tonight for a Halloween candy fest (otherwise known as trick-or-treating).  We went to a neighborhood known for the large amount of houses that give out candy. This year? No so great.  I wasn't a total bust, but there wasn't even half the number of houses giving out candy and it was a good thing we were sitting in the back of the pickup, there were many areas with long walks in between. 

The boy that was mauled by a large dog on Friday?  I'm standing on the street watching him run down a concrete driveway and fall flat on his face.  Bloody nose, bloody lips, this boy is having a bad streak of luck going here. He got over it pretty quick, took a minute.  As it was, I had to help him on and off the truck, he still can climb onto things without extreme pain.  

We left that neighborhood, went over to one of James' friends' house who loaded up the boy's buckets with a lot of candy. After that, we went to see the baby. I hadn't seen it in person yet, but I got to hold him for a while.  Taylor had just breast fed him so he was sleeping.  I tried to talk to him, I know that boy has been listening to my voice for 9 months lol.  I talked to him a lot through the belly.  He didn't wake up for me - or anyone really - he was pretty content after that breast milk.  

They gave the boys even more candy and then I took them across the street for people who were basically done for the night and also gave them handfuls of candy as well.  So, even with the dismal results at the first neighborhood, they ended up with quite a lot of candy.  

Home and everything done and over with.  

It's gotten pretty cold here.  I mean, we just walked right out of summer and straight into winter?  The trees haven't even dropped their leaves yet.  They either know something we don't or they are also caught by surprise.  It's like we skipped fall.  

I haven't seen my personal checking account this low in years, lol.  I "think" I'm getting paid tonight, but in case I'm not, I just deposited a paycheck from the business account.  I have a lot of money to collect as well, I didn't get to that today but tomorrow I'm going around to whoever's home to get I think 4 of them.  And more coming the first few weeks of the month before the electric bill is due.  

Anyway, it's been a rather long day and I'm done for the night.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...