Tuesday, November 7, 2023

 Tuesday

A couple of rents that need to be collected today, one of which I have no idea what this guy is doing.  I have someone that wants to move into the park and his space is potentially "The One". I'll be calling or texting him here shortly to find out his intentions.  No clue.  He hasn't been around in 2 months?  But he's been paying his rent, so no biggies, but if he's leaving, I have someone that wants to move in immediately.  

Or, I could just rent the open space. The people that rented it for four days are no shows.  They should have been there 2 days ago, we are going into day 3.  They emailed me 2 days ago and told me they were going to show up yesterday.

If they aren't coming, I'm giving that space to these new people and hope that by the time I need a space for overnights, one will come available.  

As for yesterday, no deer were seen, much more bagged.  Probably the time of day I was out there, but it was nice to sit on the ridge and hear the sounds of natures with a breeze blowing leaves off the trees.  I was on the east side where there aren't many pine trees, it's all kinds of other varieties of trees.  The west side has a thicket of them, I guess you'd call it, more like a giant swath of them that starts at the gas property and goes clear to the back of the property.  I only point that out because pines are my favorite type of tree.

I don't know if I'll go sit out there again today, maybe.  

Also yesterday? I was sitting at Chili's with Taylor and started getting numerous notifications from the Park outside camera.  I eventually looked to see a Sheriff's deputy and his cruiser and 2 other vehicles with people I've never seen before.

What on earth.  I finally see the lady in the trailer behind the shed standing there talking to the cop, the other people were off to the other side, doing what, I had no clue.  What I did know is all of them were entirely blocking the entrance to the park and that didn't set well with me.  I sent the lady a text and asked her what was going on.  Her boyfriend had stolen her car, her purse, her money, her EBT card (food stamps) and other things. This isn't the first time he's done this and she had to go out and find him.  

However. He also was beating her.  She was apparently filing assault charges, I immediately informed her I want a criminal trespass on the man - meaning he cannot come on the property and if he does and he's caught, he will be hauled off to jail.  I don't need trailer trash mentality on my property and my other guests certainly wouldn't like the idea that some "man" is beating on a defenseless lady.

She cannot defend herself.  Number one, this is no small man. Number two, she has rheumatoid arthritis in her hands and her fingers are basically frozen.  She legitimately lives on the government.  I don't know what kind of work you could do with that kind of thing going on in your body? Walmart greeter? She is in constant pain.  

By the time I got back to the park, it was all over and everyone was gone. Turns out the other people were the people inquiring about a space for their daughter to take. I dunno why they had 2 cars of people in that situation, maybe it was mom/pop and daughter/boyfriend? No clue.  

I am fairly well resolved that if I want to increase the size of my park, I'm going to have to pay for it myself, ie: no loans.  I mean, I'll try down the road for a loan if I can get some debt paid down, but at this point, I'm not looking at loans as the origination of finances to increase the park size.  There are too many negatives going on here and the interest rates right now are the nail in the coffin.  Ridiculous.  I'm not giving up hope, not at all.  Just saying I'll have to do this in small phases, the first of which will necessarily need to be another septic system.  

It is possible I can get a small loan to get that going.  Small, as in 7 grand.  But I won't even try that until something else is paid off and right now, that would be the washer/dryer set.  I have no plans to add another set, at least not atm, for I don't think my septic system can handle another washer filling up the system with water.  Or, maybe it can but it's going to be having those sprinklers going continuously or very frequently.  

New loans, even smaller ones, aren't in the cards right now, the washer/dryer set will be paid off I think in April.  There's just no way I'm going to take on any more debt without paying something off first.  

No word from my company.  I expect that I would hear by Friday, which should be the last day of the scheduled maintenance at that plant.  I would have to surmise from all of this that I am only doing that plant and nothing else.  This idea that they were going to have me going to Ennis apparently has disappeared.  Which reminds me, I need to fire up that truck today and run it for an hour or so to make sure the batteries stay charged up on it.  You can't have those things sitting too long without running them, especially this older stuff.  

I'm glad we are entering the cold season is all I can say about that and the fact that that park is full besides the one pull through which currently is empty but a paying customer is "occupying" it.  They haven't canceled the reservation, they also haven't shown up.  

The 8 year old came into my room a while ago saying "good morning".  What are you doing home from school?  He's sick. I told him he's sick yesterday, he didn't believe me.  Yup, I know when people are sick, lol. 

There is an election that I didn't know anything about today in Texas. Just went through all of the state constitutional amendments they are proposing, some I agree with, others, not at all. Anything that has to do with leveraging more money from property taxes I will vote down regardless. And there is one that forces the mandatory retirement of judges from 75 to 79.  Why do people want to work when they are almost 80 years old? Are these positions of power so internally forceful that they don't care about life beyond work?  Well, we have a House and Senate full of them, I guess so.  

Those are constitutional amendments, so I'm going to see the pro's and con's statements from either sides of these issues to see the real nuts and bolts of what these amendments will do.  

Well that's it for now. Going to go to my SUV, get the "Book" out, check the people that need to be contacted and contact them. Actually, the one set of people already told me they have their rent money ready, please pick it up today. The type of people that want their rent paid on time and they don't want people like me, the owner/manager, holding it up.  I dunno, but with not working, I need allllll of that money! lol

G'day











No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...