Sunday, November 12, 2023

 Sunday - night

Just didn't have time for writing blog entries this morning.  Not doing anything particularly important, the boy wanted to go hunting this morning and I did not.  I prevailed.  We did go to church and after church, the park where the boys played with the young kid over there and the off to Applebee's, but it was a totally unproductive day.

Pretty much planned it that way.  I figure at some point this coming week, it will be time to go back to work.  What day that is is completely unknown, nothing was sent for tomorrow so I know Monday is a nothing day for work.  I will be going and getting cold patch tomorrow and working on the deepening potholes.  I will try the cold patch once to see what happens.  It's something that came to mind the other day and then I looked it up.  They say it works on dirt, remains to be seen.  

The rain the last few days is the culprit for the potholes growing deeper.  I mean, a couple of them are pretty big.  

I don't really have much to say today. The war hasn't really changed, much of U.S. politics and situations hasn't changed, nothing much going on around here beyond normal stuff.  

I'm going to bring the trail camera home, look it up online and see if I can troubleshoot it. It seems to work - but it doesn't.  That particular one was over $100 and I'd like not to trash it since everything appears operational. There must be something I'm missing on setup that needs to be done to set in whatever mode to make it work.  

I might also get some more grass seed tomorrow.  Not a lot, I said 250 pounds the other day, I think I'll tone that down to about 100 pounds and just go for 2 passes on each lot.  Enough to fill in some bald spots, not enough to break the bank.  And I guess I"m going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new push mower.  No choice in the matter, my push mower isn't working and tho I can take it somewhere, I haven't had much luck taking machines to shops and having the shop actually fixing the problem.  They don't mind charging you for shoddy work.  



No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...