Wednesday, January 31, 2024

 Home by 8, not bad.  Not great, but not bad.  I was driving through the park after getting back and remembered after finally seeing the guy there (versus having never seen his pickup there in the last 3 days) that he needs to pay up.  But, I didn't have my computer fired up, it would take half an eternity to do so, I blew it off. Need to go over there tomorrow after he gets home and not terribly late.

A 7 mile backup on I-30 going the opposite direction while driving up there, I was aghast at the lengthy backup of vehicles and the fact they were going extremely slow.  One lane shut down for some sort of accident cleanup replete with earth moving equipment.  

And I once again saw a practice that some truck drivers engage in that is maddening. It frequently happens that in a major backup, 2 trucks will get side-by-side and slow down to around 3 mph.  This enables them to put their drive clocks into on-duty mode and not burn up their driving hours. That's all great, nice, fine and dandy, however....  IN almost all of these instances that I have seen them doing it, the nearest traffic in front of them is thousands of feet away.  

It's a ridiculous practice, if you want to save your drive hours, get off the highway. Pull over on the shoulder, but don't hold traffic back that far.  I can't believe some of these people actually do this.  

Hipcamp. I revised my entire setup on there, eliminating the secondary parking, since people seemed to think they were getting a regular lot, even tho it was detailed in the description of what they were getting, that option is entirely gone. I then upped my price, just a bit cheaper than my regular, overnight prices but still up there enough to actually make some money off the thing, after Hipcamp takes their rather large bite out of the profit pie.  I've had 3 or 4 bookings since then, including one that just came through and I approved.  

It's getting to the point that I'm just going to have to try that box attachment without the teeth and see what happens.

And the sleep tracker is telling me it's time to go to bed. Actually, it is, for I have to get up early for my next run.  I just have a hard time going from driving mode to sleep mode in such a short period of time unless it's transitioning from the driver's seat to the sleeper bed.  A thing I rarely do anymore and thankful for it.  


No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...