Wednesday, May 15, 2024

 Wednesday-late

It was relatively quick, driving back to the house for fresh clothing, over to the park to hook up the trailer, down to the washout.  The worker was still there, amazingly, who got up on top of the trailer I was hooking up to after dropping the dirty trailer.  Well, there's some flakes in there.  So, I pulled the trailer over to the washout area and he quickly sprayed that stuff out of there. 

Over to the plant, the got me in quickly and loaded it very fast.  Amazingly fast, indeed, I wasn't in that plant for even an hour.  Out of there, I opted against fueling, have enough to make to a Love's tomorrow morning in Domino.  However. 

The CMV Inspection Station was open.  I marveled at 3 trucks who just blew by it.  I decided to do no such thing.  Those lights are unmistakable, you can't just think, well that isn't for me!  I pulled in there and there was a Trooper sitting on a stool right next to where you drive through it.  He was looking at the weight as I drove axles over the scale.  He finally gave me the thumbs up and let me pass through.  

I was dreading having him do an inspection. Not because I fear he would find something wrong, but because of the hour of the night, being detained for an hour would just blow tomorrow up.  I was so relieved when he gave me the signal to keep on going.  It wasn't shocking to see a Trooper had pulled one of those trucks that blasted by the station over.  I don't know what the fine is, but whatever it is, it isn't good.  

So, I have to take a mandatory 10 hour rest break.  I will be able to depart the Park at around 8:50 am.  Not bad, actually, not for having had been out late.  You see, the whole scenario had changed quite a lot from the post I put up earlier.

Another truck had been repaired and was on the road.  They sent him to fetch the trailer of the other truck that is still broken down in Shreveport.  I'm not sure if he was to load tonight and take it up to Gurdon or what.  The other driver was retrieved by the office employee.  He still hadn't made it to Nac - neither of them did - by the time I went there and no one had been in to load before me.  So they must have still been driving down there.  But, the driver in Shreveport was to deliver the loaded trailer from the washout yard tonight instead of me, I was redirected to drop the dirty trailer, pick up one that was cleaned, load, go back to my place and deliver tomorrow.

You weren't going to get any guff out of me for that decision. It meant going home tonight for sure and much earlier than driving clear up to Gurdon, unloading and then who knows what, drive home? Not enough hours? Too tired?  Probably the "too tired" part.  

So why am I awake and blogging no less? Cause I have that road buzz going, I'm wide awake tho I've been sitting here about 15 minutes and sleepiness is starting to creep up on me.  It is a waste of time to try and go directly to sleep, it won't happen. I'd rather do something that will start getting me into sleep mode.

Anyway, I am done for the day and yes, after I brush my teeth and get ready for bed, I should be able to zonk out quickly.  

No comments:

 It's 3:00 pm and just barely got home. The plant kept me waiting 2 hours before they got to me. It was the new kid loading and so I kin...