Wednesday, July 17, 2024

 So a few things.

First, I texted the workampers - are you paying your rent today?  No threats of eviction, just asking their intentions.  We are moving out Saturday.  I let out a yelp of joy. Thank God!  They are leaving and all of their pettiness and bad attitude leaving with them. That is the last of the Mohicans, at least for now. I've dumped all the bad apples that are so rotten they are rotting everything else around them.

That lot will open up and I can move the motorcoach back in there and the lady can start demo and construction work on it.  It will have AC so she doesn't burn up in there, I'm fairly sure she wasn't going to do it anyway without some kind of cooling.  Although I'd love to have the income from that lot, I'd more love to get that thing in tip-top shape and then rent it out.  

Second, a discussion that started up an hour ago with the group. They rented this AirBNB house - 37 miles away from Galveston, lol. It's a beach front - or near it anyway - property, to the south of Galveston.  They were all shocked because they didn't realize it was that far away.  I just wonder about people renting something that expensive without doing their homework first, but I don't really care. I'm going for the beach.  Galveston has the restaurants and we will be going on Friday evening.  

Third, a lot of new developments in the attempted Trump assassination.  A picture of a tall ladder the assassin (he did kill another many so that is his title, assassin) bought allegedly at Home Depot that morning.  A lot more footage of people yelling at police and SS agents that there is a person with a gun on that roof!  There has been no official statement from any of the agencies involved, the only thing so far is Biden giving a statement but SS? FBI? Mayorkas? Nowhere to be found.  Most of the revelations about this incident are coming from civilians who took video footage of it, not from officials.  

The Director of SS is saying the "buck stops here", well she should be fired. She is stating she has no intentions of stepping down.  We were a millimeter away from a dead Trump and this person who, allegedly, has no business even being assigned that position, is defiantly saying she isn't stepping down. Then fire her ass.  I've heard no one saying that this wasn't a royal screwup.   Authorities might try to spin it, but the reality is, there is too much footage from all angles of what occurred.  

And oddly, there has been no calls for gun control from the left.  Note that the assassin was using an AR-15, the kind of "assault weapon" that they have been repeated calling to have banned for years now.  A tad bit strange, don't you think, that they aren't all out there calling for it now? Why not? Well in my view, it's obvious: whether they say it or not, they all wish Trump would have been killed.  It's a total act some of these Trump-hating politicians coming out and denouncing this event and the killer, those same people calling Trump a threat to national security and all the rest of their garbage.  THEY are the dividers, THEY are the threat to our national security.

I had thoughts of doing the interior clean on the SUV tomorrow since it's going to cool down considerably - but - it's also an 83% chance of rain tomorrow, the car washes won't be open. Either do it today at the car wash or do it tomorrow with a vacuum cleaner.  Yeah, I'm opting for today. Just need to vacuum the thing out, scrub some of it down and good to go.  

___________

Well, I guess my plans to vacuum out the SUV after dinner are dashed.  The rain that was supposed to come at 8 pm? It's 5:30 pm and it's pouring. The car washes will close.  Very unfortunate, I have a monthly membership to one of them and the wash and vacuum are free. I guess tomorrow I will be using the home vacuum to do the job for it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Darnit, I should have just gone and gotten it done.

Meh, oh well.  We have a shop vac now that I think of it, that will work.  It isn't going to rain all day tomorrow. And here comes James, home from work...on his motorcycle....wet.

Ok, well the rain stopped. Maybe it will "go away" and they won't close the car wash? I will call them after dinner.  The thing is, they not only have free vacuum they also have free, clean rags to wipe down everything. That was what I was looking for.

Well, here I am on the cusp of dumping $600 per month in payments.  The shed, Verizon and they are going to take care of internet in the AZ house themselves.  I don't know how or what, I didn't even ask them to, but hey, adding that all up? It's over $600 per month!  Talk about freeing up some finances. The only drawback is I still owe $180 on the phone, so I'll have to pay that off apparently before I can disconnect the service entirely. Definitely have to do that to get the phone unlocked.  

And now I have another one leaving. At the RV Park.  I didn't know they were going to be gone so soon.  They moved to the park to wait it out for purchasing a house and all the title work to go through. They just texted that it should happen a week from now.  I'm not worried about it, per se. I have one guy that wants to move in next month, that's a bit long for this lot and I have a lady saying she wanted to move in - next month as well. I don't really hold lots that long, it's wasted money if I can possibly get it rented sooner. I just tell them I "should" have a lot available by then, that is always based on when people are leaving, not just giving them a story to hope I have something.  

Well, I think dinner is served soon.  I wish the weather forecasters around here could get their act together. You don't expect it to start raining....3 HOURS EARLIER....then what they have predicted. Like, it shows it after 8 and while you're looking at that, it starts pouring. Ridiculous. 

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...