Wednesday, July 31, 2024

 Wednesday

Pretty much sailed through the work day.  The washout didn't take long and they got to loading me at the plant immediately. I was home before 1:00 pm, of which I was very happy for a long time Facebook friend and her daughter - neither of whom I have met in person before - were going to stop by for a quick visit. Traveling through, she had picked her daughter's friend up in Little Rock 3 weeks ago and then took her back to Little Rock yesterday, I believe and coming through our town today.

It was a very wonderful visit. I have not met a lot of people in person from the internet, but all of them that I have met have all been very wonderful people and a joyous time has been had, at least from my perspective. She lives near Houston, so not exactly down the street around the corner, but...

Taylor was here as well. Well of course she was, she only lives here, lol.  But she hung out as well, it's always a pleasure to have Taylor hanging out because everyone instantly likes her.  Anyway, at some point, Taylor is standing there staring at me, giving me a look. I knew exactly what she was thinking without her saying a word.  The friend that stopped is a little younger than me, still very beautiful and a very lovely daughter.  Young - going to be a Junior in High School, very intelligent, has her act together, she will have most of the credits she needs to graduate by the end of this next school year.  

Anyway, I never really thought about the situation with my friend turning into something a bit more than friends. I dunno.  Maybe? I really have put any thoughts of ever getting married again well out of my mind after the last disaster.  I am not going to go into that disaster excepting to say that the person was in seriously depression and I should have known better. Alas, the ideology of wanting something to work out, even when something inside of you is telling you it most certainly will not.

This friend, however, is not in depression, isn't fresh out of marriage, has her act together, has good employment, takes care of her daughter very well, she's a real class act IMO.  So who knows?  There is on thing I will say tho: I am not moving to a big city.  I have had my life long share of that junk, it is definitely not for me, not anymore.  Not to mention I have really set roots here what with my extended family I live with and the business I have created and is going well enough.  

Speaking of that, a lady is moving out today, another one is "moving" in.  He just paid.  It's actually a man who is setting everything up for his son to attend the state college here.  He is buying him a new 5th wheel, I assume setting him up with a nice pickup, I would suspect paying for his college, doing everything a parent can do to help their child succeed.  In other words, the man is quite rich.  I mean, I am not saying anything bad about it, I commend him for trying to give his son the best start in life he can.  A state technical college is absolutely a great way to go about doing that as well, as long as the kid has a good work ethic. Those types of colleges are for working men and women, out in the heat type of stuff, long, grueling hours at times or all the time, depending on the line of work you choose to get into. 

For me? He is saying his son will be staying at the park for a year at least.  Guaranteed income and one more lot that won't have high turnover.  It's the turnover of long term guests that throws things up for a loop.  I've had 2 lots leave in the last few days and I've had 2 people claim those lots right behind them.

I am facing probably 2 more lots worth to replace very soon.  The one monther that I knew wasn't staying long and these weird people at lot 1 that were parking and driving on the grass and letting their dogs run loose. To be frank, I want those people to leave.  They are strange and now I'm being told that several people think that the man is beating on the woman. They heard a lot of screaming and crashing sounds coming from inside the trailer last night.  That isn't necessarily proof that the man is beating the woman, but it is odd behavior to say the least.  No one thinks those people are "right in the head". 

Ok, but have they done anything since they were addressed about the dogs and parking? Any negative interactions with anyone else? No.  Then there isn't anything I can or will try to do about it unless the noise is disrupting anyone from enjoying their peace inside of their trailer.  If there is a strained relationship with abuse going on, I can't do anything about it. Unless someone actually sees the man hitting the woman, what am I supposed to do? I strictly forbid the park manager from addressing them about it, that isn't our place unless it turns publicly ugly.  Then you can call the Sheriff to do a wellness check and tell them the story about hearing the noises and screaming.  I mean, if I see the woman and she has visible bruises, I might be inclined to do something about that. 

I do not like men who hit women.  It is nothing I have ever done and it is nothing a man should be doing to a lady.   I don't care what the beef is, if the relationship is that bad, get out of it.  It is amazing that women do, indeed, stay in such relationships, but apparently studies have been done, lots of them, that say that they get caught up in a relationship to the point they don't feel like they can get out of it. Or they don't want to get out of it, making excuses for the man and thinking it will get better. I've seen this with my own eyes throughout the adult portion of my life.  It takes a support system to help some of these ladies walk away from it and get out of the abusive treatment.

But again, I have no proof that that is what's going on in there, what I am getting tired of is constant drama.  It has been one thing after another.  Gets old.

Well, anyway, they only stayed an hour.  She has to go back to work in the morning, getting up at 4:30 am so yeah, it's 3-1/2 hour drive from here to there and it was already almost 4:00 pm.  I really could have hung out for the rest of the day tbh.  

There isn't much else. The Park Host found a job - he's been broke so I understand why he wants to go back to work. He doesn't want to lose his position as park host, but he'll be gone for 2 weeks at a time. Not much help to me.  I'll have to have him keep track of his hours if that is what he really wants to do, I'm not giving a full month's rent for free if there isn't the working hours to back it up. An hour-appropriate discount, sure.  His wife still hasn't been back and I do wonder if there aren't marital issues going on there.  He says they're fine, that's as far as I wanted to take it.  She is a great worker and I really wanted her to work on the coach after she offered. I'm guessing that isn't going to happen and will think about re-renting that lot.  

Oh, wait.  Yes, there is something else.  It's the yearly 2 week thing where the plant in Lufkin shuts down for 2 weeks and then throws our work into chaos.  The Ennis run is no more, that's what I was doing when it shut down last time.  They were only given that run on a trial basis, but my manager told me the company was outbid by another trucking company and so, they lost the trial run and the contract.  

What does that mean? It means, if I'm going to work the next 2 weeks starting Monday,  I will have to load in Crossett, AR and deliver to Gurdon, AR the same day. Well, ok, it's like a 3 hour drive.  The point is, I come nowhere near my town.  It's just an Arkansas run.  It's another plant that is owned by the same company as the one I go to in Lufkin.

I honestly don't know why they don't just produce the product in Crossett permanently? Not that I want to lose my job, but that makes more sense than having to have it shipped clear from Lufkin.  Much cheaper shipping costs.  I don't get it but I'm not going to try and explore that question, why would I want to? My job relies on going to Lufkin, not going to Crossett. Crossett is a little over 3 hour drive from here.  

To do any work, I'd just have to stay up there and sleep in the truck.  Yeah, not really into that.  The manager suggested I take PTO time and just don't work.  He's already got 2 volunteers to do the runs and that is all he needs.  Well how convenient. One of the volunteers was hired after I hired on, so if I want to bump him, I can even tho it doesn't sound like the manager wants that to happen.

You see, I didn't even know the company gives out PTO and I have no idea how much I have earned if any.  I will find out tomorrow as that was left up in the air.  I don't want to take 2 weeks off without pay. That isn't going to work. I mean, I could draw a paycheck from the business account if I have to.  So this situation that was presented to me today and the first I had heard about it - last year that 2 week thing was done near the end of the year - is up in the air and oh well, thank you Lord, whatever happens I'll trust in Him.  What else can a person do?  

As it stands, I have delivery tomorrow and then he said he was going to give me a run for Friday to deliver on Saturday and then Sunday off.  

Enough. Getting late.  

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...