Thursday, August 1, 2024

 Thursday - evening

Some days, it's enough to make it through a work day and go home.  

The people at lot 1 have left according to Allen. They were there when I was there earlier, apparently they left for Lufkin. They are paid up through the 10th. This is the situation where it was alleged the man is beating on the woman.   That problem just transported itself off of the property and I didn't have to do anything but collect their money when they showed up.  It's ok, I like having Lot 1 open for overnighters. Not getting a lot of that, but there are some reservations in the system. 

Allen is starting his new job on the 10th.  Unless his wife shows up to take his place, I am going to ask him to take the "Park Hosts" sign down. It is pointless to have a lot dedicated to something that doesn't exist.  He's going to be gone 2 weeks at a time, my guess is that they will end up leaving and moving the trailer to wherever he's working.  People can't go to a trailer to inquire about lots or whatever if no one is there.  

I have some leads on other people to move in, I'm thinking get Robert's - the workamper - lot re-rented.  I don't see the coach being worked on any time soon, it can just sit where it's at and I will eventually find someone to work on it.  Things that never happened for $500, Alex.  The riding mower is running again if nothing else.  I'm going to have to go mow lots, that's what I can say.  Allen does some stuff, but he's starting to peter out.  I think these people think I don't pay attention, perhaps they think I'm stupid or that they can just get away with stuff. Allen has been "acting" like he's been busy all day, but I know next to nothing has been getting done.  

It's why I want a person to keep track of the hours they have worked and record what they did during those hours.  I'm going to start that with him if he wants to continue on.  I'll have to figure out what his time is worth per hour for the deduction on rent, but I am not going to go through what I did with Robert again.  What it really is, I'm too small of an operation to need that kind of help. I love it, but I am not there to supervise.  I can't keep track of it.

But, at the same time, when nothing is getting done and the grass is growing tall, that becomes it's own tattle-tale on the person that is supposed to be doing that stuff. The grass between the trailers is tall now and I will do it myself if he won't.  And then, we will have a discussion. You don't want to work, fine, start paying rent.  Take down the sign and you can just be regular guests living here. Or whatever you want to do.  Then again, he did start out well enough, it's worth something for sure.

I just know that I have figured this out.  He hears my truck coming in, it's noisy. I crawl at 4 mph through the park as to not disturb people, but I see him "working" as if he's been "working all day long". No, he hasn't.  I'm going to move the camera discretely so I can see what he's allegedly doing "all day long".  I had the feeling he was trying to pull one over on me.  He did do a little bit of mowing on the riding mower today, but that stuff can wait, I need the trailers mowed out regularly. That's more work. 

Anyway, Lot 1 is vacated, lot 11 is empty but paid for, lot 16 - an alternate spot - may be rented back out. That's where the workamper was. A dude just called about a spot, I told him I do have a 30 amp lot. We talked for a bit but I need to ask him more questions. He wants to move in this weekend, I want to know about how many people are going to live there, how many vehicles, dogs, tell him about the park rules.  Etc.   

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...