Monday, August 19, 2024

 Monday - early

I do not have work today, I got up early to get readjusted to work life.  Tomorrow, I am highly likely to get a load and regardless of how I feel, I need to get back to work. I am expecting some information from this cat scan today, if I don't get it I will call the urologist and ask about it. 

Just going to go over to the park and do a couple of hours of tractor work before it gets hot.  It's been getting extremely warm here during the peak heat hours of the day and I just don't want to work out in that.  You are completely exposed on that tractor, there is no canopy attached to it. 

I'm only waiting until 8:00 am so I don't make excessive noise too early in the day.  

I will continue work on the rear portion as that is what I really want to get completely cleared out, sans some trees that are re-growing that are no Sweetgum trees.  At least 2/3rd's of those have been wiped out, which was the initial goal but the end goal, if possible, is to get the entire thing down to dirt.  Hopefully the grass will grow back, tho that is definitely not going to happen right now as the ground is bone dry and there isn't a drop of rain forecast for quite a while.  

Well I take that back.  I check the forecast daily. Somehow, a huge storm front is moving through, but it's to the east of us.  Probably 45 miles away over in Bossier City/Shreveport area.  We aren't getting any of that, as much as I would like it to. A little rain would loosen up the soil and make it easier to get those trees uprooted out of the ground.  Yup, the sky is quite dark to the east of us. 

I don't have much.  Just a bit tired as my sleep has been all over the board.  It wasn't terrible last night but not great either.  I do want to get the boat over there, I'm thinking of today, maybe. The license plate is gone, I have no idea what happened to that and it's unregistered. It's only 4 miles to the property, but I dunno if I want to take that chance. At the same time, i don't really want to pay to register the thing until it's completely ready to go? Lol, just not sure about that one.

Oh, well the tires are half flat - still, the nearest gas station with an air pump is only maybe a half mile away. It's been sitting quite a while.  I figure those ladies can get it nicely cleaned up, install all of that stuff and get it lake ready in a relatively short period of time. I want to put a new bilge pump on it as well and still need to buy another marine battery for the engine itself.

Regardless, it's 7:35 am and I think I will mosey on over there.

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...