Wednesday, October 16, 2024

 Wednesday - early

Didn't sleep all that great, but I feel fine anyway.  Today will be a relatively easy day with no loading or unloading, but still going to take at least the same amount of time as doing either.  4-1/2 hours of driving total, if I'm lucky and unknown amount of time at the yard doing this and that.  I dunno, but it's why I'm up early.  Get it done and get the day over with as early as possible, I can take a nap when I get home.  

Temps have taken a turn for the better, currently 49 degrees outside, I'm done with summer, thanks.  Over the next few weeks, the highest it will get is 86 degrees and the lowest is 41.  This is all very good for me. The only thing not so great is that there is very little chance of rain in the next 15 days.  I need a good week's worth of light rain to throw some winter grass seed down everywhere including the freshly cleaned out front and get some nice looking rye grass growing. 

The stuff is so easy to grow, one wonders why they can't "invent" see that is the same for summer grass.  

I did fire up the truck yesterday, no, the day before, and let it warm up a bit and air up the tanks and air bags to ensure I didn't have any issues.  It did just fine, thankfully and so I'm hopeful they just will want to do the oil change, try to get them to fix the windshield wiper fluid motor and rotate some tires.  I have no idea about the trailer I"m picking up excepting that it's "just been through the shop" so it's "fine".  I've been told this many times over in the past only to find minor and even serious issues with them.  It will be one of the first things I do when I get up there, do a thorough inspection and make sure I don't see bad tires and such. 

I haven't been finding too much information on hurricane Helene victims, on many "news" outlets, the story has disappeared. Scroll down 40, 50 posts and nothing.  Weird.  Don't see much about these drones that have been hovering over military bases and - what are we doing about that? Or near them, I don't remember the story precisely, just know it was on or near bases.  Why aren't we shooting the things down?  

We're getting quite close to the election day where we'll get this nonsense over with and get the next President determined and move on with our lives.  

No comments:

 Lovely. My dispatcher just called and informed me that all loads are cancelled until Monday (at the earliest).  Like, even Monday isn't...