Sunday, August 30, 2026

 Friday - afternoon

Well, kids out of school for the weekend soon, I kind of like the peace and quiet of having afternoons with no children until school is out, but, oh well.

I have to deliver tomorrow and then I'm for for a minimum of 4 days - allegedly.  Basically, they have 4 drivers now for this account and that's too many.  At the same time, I'm on my 4th run having worked 7 days in a row and finishing off tomorrow will be 8.

Welcome back to work life.

The kids want to go swimming this weekend, all well and fine but you have to find a place that has a pool and that they would like to go to.  And not spend a fortune.  There are no public pools in this area. Well, correction: there IS a public pool in this town, it's a huge one too. And it's been out of service for many years. It is covered with thick, green goop and is in a state of abandonment.  

It's actually not that far from our house, but it's quite useless.  People complain all the time about it but no one will actually do anything. The city can't afford it, that's no joke.  They have their hands full trying to keep up with just current day expenses and the only thing I can think of is perhaps local businesses could band together and create a funding pool to fix that public pool and get it up and running.'

But, who will run the operation?  

No comments:

 Sunday - night Friday night, the kids went over to a friend's house to spend the night.  I went to work Saturday morning and didn't...