Friday - morning 8 am-ish
I kind of posted yesterday's post this morning lol, forgot to do that when I went to bed. I decided last night I best start getting to bed at a reasonable hour so 10:15 pm it was.
I got up early simply because i had 7 hours of sleep and after that? Hit or miss. Might get to sleep, might not.
I have no idea when I might get a phone call from the alignment shop or a phone call from management saying, gee, they had to order parts. Whatever the case, I am ready to go get it. I don't have to do anything else beyond that today, tomorrow is when I start back into the grind. Starting back on a weekend. Yuck.
Then again, weekends you typically get loaded faster. There is sometimes a silver lining in a cloud of undesirable "things to do".
As for the situation around here, who knows. I was asked if I want to move to Colorado. That wasn't my first thought. Or even second. But after a bit of conversation I think I fairly well identified why that person wants to move there and I simply said that changing your geographical location will not offset any despair or depression caused by severe marital stresses.
One thing I know that helps is personal counseling. I have actually thought about going through that again. It's kind of a mental/attitude/outlook checkup. When I went through it several decades ago, it wasn't actually too pleasant. Those counselors aren't trained to sugarcoat as well they shouldn't be. And they dig dig dig into your past and identify things that are causing you experience or see things the way that you are.
I haven't decided yet, I feel like you should be 100% to go through the process no matter how difficult it becomes to continue on with it. It's been what, 3 decades since I did that? I think that I might benefit from another round of it.
_________
As usual, I get busy or interrupted with "stuff" and leave the blog and come back to it later. Like 9 hours later lmao. I got the truck out of the alignment shop. They had a huge list of parts that needed to be replaced including the king pins. THAT would definitely cause some of that problem I was describing in earlier posts and hadn't even thought about that as a potential problem.
They said it's good to drive until they get the parts in, so I'm on the hook for working the next 4 days. Not the end of my world, but I was astonished to see a paycheck with 3/4's of my pay on there. Like, how did this manager invent this for me? I looked, he gave me an excessive amount of money for just moving the truck around. I don't know how he gets away with that stuff but I'm glad he does. He's pretty good about stuff like that, it's the communicating that needs serious improvement.
And I just spent several HOURS trying to figure out how to move files from an old computer to another. I first tried the microsoft one drive method. I ended up wanting to just chuck the old thing in the trash but I persisted until - I gave up on that. I tried other methods and finally got to the memory card.
I was using AI the entire time, I am absolutely sure that if I didn't have access to it, I would either have spent days trying to figure it out or I would have just said screw it. I almost said screw it as it stands.
But I have never done that before and there are a LOT of steps to take to first download the photos and apps to the card and then upload them to another computer. The whole point of doing this? Well, I have photos on that old computer that aren't anywhere else. I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but I knew it would turn into a major ordeal and I was right.
However, what forced me to do it today? My rv park reservation system app disappeared on my new computer and wasn't on my laptop either, it used to be on both?!!!
I can't have that park without access to it. I don't really need the reservation system atm for I have all spots rented to long term, but I do need access to the card processing software that is also in that app. I don't get a lot of credit or debit card payments now, everyone wants to pay either cashapp, venmo, paypal or cash. But, I have one hold out that wants to use that card and I really need the ability to do so. I just wish I had more spots for some overnighters.
Enough. I"m going to bed early enough to get a decent night's sleep. Or try to anyway.
G'nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment