Tuesday, August 18, 2026

 Wednesday - morning

Got myself up at 6:15 am, doing that to get used to getting up for work. It's been quite a while since I've done that - work the trucking job that is - excepting the 4 days of Ennis runs in the middle of all of this. 

One of my work buddies was at the shop yesterday, he said the mechanic was working on my truck.  Ok - he's been working on my truck, but perhaps that means they got whatever parts in and he's installing them. So, I would expect that he should be done today or sometime very soon which will mean me somehow getting a ride up there, bringing the truck down here and into yet another shop. 

From what I've read, an alignment should only take at most 3 hours.  There are exceptions of course - if something else is wrong with it.  Very possible once you get actual alignment experts working on it. The other issue is how long before they can get it in? I've dealt with this place before, they have a waiting list, or had one anyway years ago when I was working for KAG.  

KAG - the company that runs you into the ground without a frown.  Most of the trucking industry is like that, tho, it's part of the reason so many people quit within their first year of trucking. They aren't used to 14 hour days and they thought it would be easy. Get into a truck, drive. That's it!

LMAO. The non-trucking public also thinks gee, you have it sooooo easy!  Ok bro.

I am expecting a call today or soon on that subject.  Tomorrow would be fine for me to go up there and retrieve that thing.  Non-happening event today, it's 11 am, just not going to get involved with anything like that if it doesn't start early or mid-morning.  

____________

Hours later, now afternoon and still no word from work? I'm not going to press it, if it's that bad it needs to be fixed.  I just don't know what they are working on now.

It's not the only thing on my mind but it's a pressing issue.  I can't financially survive without that income and tho last paycheck was only $400 short, next paycheck is going to be nothing unless they invent some way to pay me for --- what?  

____________

Many hours later and an earful of total bullshit later - that's a different story coming from a late pay at the park - my manager finally calls me.  There are only a few things left to go on your truck and it will be done tomorrow.  Good.  I have a ride up there as long as you will pay for it.  I don't hold back on that stuff, if they can pay to have the thing towed up there they can certainly pay fuel and then some for someone to go out of there way to drive me up there.  

Although, this person LOVES to drive so it's just another opportunity ride on down the highway!  

But, they don't want me to pick it up until Thursday to give the mechanic time to finish everything up.  Fine and well, go up Thursday, get up early Friday or actually just drop it off Thursday sounds better, then they can get on it whenever.  Slated to work the weekend of course, but I will be back at work. 

And I doubt I will have any days off coming for a- long time after that.  So whatever.  Good thing I'm getting myself used to getting up early again. 

I think this might have been worth it if that mechanic fixed everything, sounds like he's a stickler to have a truck running at the best it can be.  Lots of minor stuff wrong, I'd like to hope he got on it.  

________________

Late. Way later than I should be up, going to bed. Last night of freedom. Thursday is drive up there and take it to the shop - so probably around 6 hours total, Friday they work on it and - get it done I would assume but with everything else that has been wrong and done with the truck, it won't be shocking if they say it needs parts, lol.  But, by chance it doesn't, I'll be starting the daily grind.  I in now way wish to convey here that it's going to somehow be easy or otherwise desirable.  

It will be tough, I am sure, to get back into driving 6 days a week and oh well, I got a taste of retirement and I very much liked it.  Not today, not this week, not this month, next or any time soon.  2-1/2 years minimum if my health stays good and I can continue working. 

G'nite.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - morning Got myself up at 6:15 am, doing that to get used to getting up for work. It's been quite a while since I've don...