Tuesday, September 22, 2026

 Monday - night

Mondays - are Mondays.  Work was a bit slow but nothing too terrible.  I got to the plant to load, they had me back down into the bay but the loader came out and said I'm going to have to move, that other truck needs in the bay right in front of you here. I normally just load them as they come, first come first served but they said you are early. Yeah, I'm early, that other driver is late I thought but didn't speak.  I just smiled and moved out to the parking load, an hour and 15 minutes later they were loading me.  So, I was there like 2-1/2 hours.

I've had to wait much longer than that there before, so I just let it go.  

Parents are within their right and reason to monitor their children's activities online and using cellphones.  So it came as a shock to me today that the mom sent screen shots of the oldest going off on another person in some sort of chat room or the phone or whatever I don't really know.  It looked funny.  

Many hours later and the truth came out.  That thing monitoring him just posted up everything that was being said between the two, it didn't delineate who said what.  The child went and got his phone and showed how he had said none of those thing, it was all the other kid.  

I have been looking at various sheds and steel structures to get something over on the property to have a lockable storage facility.  I started small, then realized I could have a small office in there.  Now, at those prices, I'm thinking go much bigger and just get it over with. I've needed and wanted a building over there for some time now.  The front portion of  my 25 acres doesn't have a lot of extra room on it if I ever get these other lots put in.  Putting a small building in makes no sense after thinking about it.  Just go for the gusto and get a bigger one - a 50 footer I'm thinking now. I was quoted 12k for a 40x30.  That's a steel building and it costs about just as much to have a concrete pad put down, which I would want. 

What if I went 50X30?  Half of it can be for equipment storage and work room, the other half can be a bathroom, laundry facility, small office and whatever else I want to do.  But, I'd have to design the thing first. If you are putting in a bathroom and laundry facility, you have to run the plumbing before they pour the cement. So now I'm in sort of a conundrum about that.  

So I'm going to put the brakes on that for a minute and think about it and go out and mark a 50x30 piece of land to see how it actually looks and if that's even enough.  Right now, it's around 23k for the 40X30 with concrete pad.  It isn't anything that would have to emerge overnight into a usable facility for an office and such, it just needs built and locked, put my stuff in there and keep it all under lock and key.  

Well, I just saw a 70X30 for 20 grand.  3 roll up doors, 2 walk in doors and several windows.  Note that none of these from any of them include any electrical or plumbing.  Hence the idea that it wouldn't have to be an overnight thing. Build it, get my stuff in there and then either do it myself or find someone to do it for me.  I prefer the latter. I wired up my shed and it's worked perfectly well, I also plumbed it and haven't had any problem with that....

....however...it's not my line of work and I had to make endless trips to Lowe's to sort through aisles worth of plumbing and electrical stuff and spent countless hours researching how to install all of it. Now, I haven't exactly forgotten all of that. Quite to the contrary, I remember how much of a pain in the ass it was, to put it bluntly.

If I got a 70 footer, this would allow for a one room hotel style room (not for rent, for me, others I know who need a break in some other world where they can disappear), a bathroom with shower, maybe 2 actually for male and female delination instead of a one size fits all, the storage an offce and a small C store.  

No comments:

 Monday - night Mondays - are Mondays.  Work was a bit slow but nothing too terrible.  I got to the plant to load, they had me back down int...