Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time To Put Him Down

I pretty much am not into seeing dogs suffer when they are near the end of life. My little Rat Terrier is at the end of his life. He hasn't eaten in a week and he is definitely going down. I haven't actually been taking care of him in recent times, the lady in the trailer fell in love with that dog and he has been staying with them. She just came in crying and that's enough for me. They have been talking about his health for 2 weeks now, but obviously we are beyond the point of no return.

I have to admit that this is the only small dog I have ever owned and I found out that I am really not a big fan of small dogs. They don't tend to want to listen too much and they are very difficult to train.

This will be probably the only time I have ever had to have a dog put down that it won't really affect me that much. It is definitely affecting them, in the trailer outside.

So, in a little over 2 hours, I am taking him to the vet to get this over with. The unpleasant side to owning dogs is when their life is obviously over and you have to deal with it. It isn't exactly cheap anymore, either. The shot is $110 and the cremation is $136. I wouldn't even do the cremation but I have no desire, whatsoever, to deal with the body after it is vacated of life and therefore, I will pay the extra money to get it done. I would have taken him to the pound if I had known sooner and it would have been much cheaper - same thing lower price - but it is Saturday and they aren't doing that stuff today. I can't just let the dog suffer until Monday, the only humane thing to do is get it over with.

ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...