Thursday, January 19, 2023

 The FB ad has gotten a few calls.  The first one was someone calling for someone else. They were asking about the price and if they could move in today? Sure, just a few questions for you - they couldn't really answer them since they aren't the person wanting to move in.

The second was a man that asked about the price as well and wondering if I had 2 spots. I sure do!  But it became obvious they are broke and can't afford to stay - anywhere.  After asking the monthly rent, he asked about the nightly rate "because we have some...things...we have to take care of".  That sort of set off some alarm bells and flags in my mind.

I didn't turn him down, but I'm not going down on my nightly rate, it's as low as it goes pretty much anywhere.  I offered a weekly rate as well, but he didn't seem interested in that.  He did want 50 amp outlets. He didn't directly ask if I would go lower, he was certainly hinting at it.

As I said, I am not going down any lower in my rates. They are the lowest rates in the region, competing only with some trailer trash parks - I think one of them is a bit lower.  I do not have a trailer trash park and I have no intentions on operating one.  People are let known right off the bat that I do not allow outdoor storage of any kind. You can outdoor table, a grill, a smoker perhaps, some chairs, but storage of items in boxes or just junk laying everywhere will not be tolerated.  

I'm not pretty firm about that, I'm quite firm.  Anyway, I'm not sure I want people that can't afford a basic rate in the park.  I didn't turn them down, but they don't really sound like good prospects. I doubt I will be hearing from them again, people that broke are probably desperate and I feel for them, I've been there and done that. They would be good to just find some place to boondock until they can afford to stay somewhere with electricity, water and sewer hookups. 

 I doubt I will be hearing from the other person either.  My ads sell the park, I'm just on the phone to sort of reaffirm a nice place at a cheaper price.  

Oh, btw, Meta/Facebook reversed their decision after I requested a review. I dunno what made them reverse it excepting the fact that their stated discriminatory practices did not exist anywhere in the ad.  Even if I were a racist puke, I wouldn't have that in an such trying to promote my business since I not only know Facebook wouldn't accept it, I would also likely be "canceled".  Fortunately, I am not racist and don't care what anyone's skin color is, God created all of us and He is no respecter of persons.  

Whatever the case, I've been busy uploading pics of the park and the trail and all of that good stuff all over the place. I had lots of ads up that have no pics at all.  I think there's more, just have to find them and update them.  With no reviews besides that Facebook review, at the very minimum I need lots of pics of the place to let people understand by being able to view it how the park looks and what to expect.  

After all of this stuff I've been doing, I still haven't had any overnighters calling in the last several days and maybe 4 people calling about long term, only one of which I think might actually show up on the 1st.  They have "loved" some of my posts on my Facebook business account.  It would be really nice to have 2 payments coming in at the beginning of the month. It would pay for almost everything I have dumped on the business checking account thus far.  The mortgage payment, the shed payment and now the Verizon payment for wifi.  I want to put the water bill on there and will be setting up power company payments soon.  I want all of that stuff separated from personal finances. It's all business stuff and I want it showing to any taxing entities that may do an audit or request what I'm paying for on there. I'll need about 4 long term lots being used to pay for everything and taxes. 

I also need to pay the property taxes soon - around $1,700 worth, most of it for the business property.  25 acres was taxed at over $1,500. An almost $500 increase from the previous year, and yes, it was valued long before the RV park improvements were made. So who knows what they will want finding out it is a business?  I'll likely have to have an appraisal done on my own, this county and school district are rather greedy and quite generous in their handouts and building brand new schools and such.  I'm still aghast at the covered football stadium they built. What on earth does a high school need with that and to top it off, it's hardly ever used.  

I don't recall any covered stadiums in AZ and it's much hotter there than here.  

Anyway, at least I didn't waste the day even tho my leg is saying no thanks to anything. Well, me knee, to be specific.  It's especially painful getting up off a chair - as what I'm about to do to go get the kids.  Taylor is busy with work and usually asks me to go get them on Thursdays. 

With that, I bid you ado.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...