Sunday, April 30, 2023

 Unexpectedly - but thankfully - the trailer trash moved out today.  No notice, I just went to the park and saw it gone. Double checked with them, yes they left.  Good riddance, honestly. Not only was the electrical hookup a fire hazard, they also had a huge water leak in the trailer. I only noticed this when I was over there inspecting the trailer and there was water dripping down from the sides and bottom of it.  I can't even imagine what it must have looked like inside and I don't want to know. An eyesore is gone and I won't be making that mistake again. If someone wants to come in with an older trailer gain, they will be sending me 10 pics of all sides or they won't be moving in.  

I don't need or want people that throw trash all over the place, have busted out windows, dogs that get out and terrorize the park, fire hazard connections and water leaks. If they has asked, I could have directed them to a trailer trash park that would have happily accepted them if they had a site available. My constant cranking on them probably drove them out of there without having to have a confrontation. I simply won't tolerate people living like that, I just built the place, it is getting a reputation as a "clean" park and the first thing you saw pulling in was that setup? 

Since it's the last day of the month, I reposted  my ads and one with a boost.  In case anyone is looking for last minute space before tomorrow/the 1st, I want to make sure my ad is out there.  

All I can do now is wait and hope the lot re-rents quickly.  I also opened up a few days starting today going through Friday for overnights.  People like the pull throughs more than back ins for overnight stuff and I'm not taking a chance of losing a customer because I have it blacked out. Who knows, in reality, how long it will take to re-rent it?  I have my laptop in the vehicle, if it does rent out long term, I can black out the next 5 days.  I have lot 12 available, the 2 nighter left and isn't taken again until Thursday.  That one is being left open since I have 2 more reservations totaling another 11 days worth of reservations on it. 

Tho, if someone wanted a back-in long term, I could switch these overnighters to pull through.  Anyone staying that long - 3 days on one and 8 on another - is here for more than just staying at a park somewhere. They are here for an event - there are lots of them in this region and usually something is going on somewhere during the weekends - or they're here for family. Or whatever, but I doubt it's just here for staying at my park.  I really need to find - decent - long term to take lot 7 because I am still facing losing more people here soon enough.  

Well enough of that. It's Sunday and I really just sighed a great sigh of relief to see them gone.  The boys were with me, we went to church. They wanted to stay and play, so I set out to mow that rather large doggy park while they played.  It takes quite a while to mow that much land.  It's the biggest thing in the park that has to be mowed.  Tomorrow I will try to finish the rest of the park and get it done with - at least for now.  At least I got something done over there today!

A while back, there was a doggy trotting down the street that was totally out of place. You could tell - or at least that's what I thought anyway - that it was looking for home and didn't know where it was.  It let me grab it's collar, so I called the animal hospital listed on the tag.  They gave me the number, I took the dog home and James and taylor started calling the numbers that the animal hospital was giving me.  Fast forward, the people that own the dog were out of town on a trip to a funeral.  The people that were supposed to be watching the dog, we learned yesterday, didn't even know the dog was gone until these people called them and asked them if the dog was there?

Yes, it's in the other room with so and so. Well, you might want to take a look because we are looking at pics of our dog that some people rescued.  The owner's had a friend come over and take it home with them, not returning it to the pet sitter - I wouldn't have wanted to take it back there, either.  We learned yesterday that they had rescued that dog 14 years ago and of course, it is as much family as any human.  I feel that way about Addler, I know plenty of people that feel the same.  

These people came over yesterday with a card for James. They didn't understand that I had rescued the dog, James just happened to call the number that one of them answered. It was a collaborative effort on all 3 of our part to help get the doggy home.  These people expressed their great gratitude and left. The card? Had a handwritten note and a $100 bill in it.  Personally, I would have wanted to hand it back to them.  I would feel like we are exacting a ransom note or something. I always think when I see stray dogs and try to help - what if that were my dog running loose? Wouldn't I want someone to find him and try to get him home?  

Yes, of course. Well, since we have the money, we are going to go out and treat ourselves to dinner at a restaurant somewhere yet to be determined. We are waiting for James to come home - he went back to that barn setup, he needed to get that trailer out of there that the lady was giving him for payment for doing all that work.  But, he's coming home soon and yes< I am looking forward to a nice meal from - wherever.

Later, we have a gender reveal for the folks that are going to end up with the baby that is in Taylor's womb right now.  The baby is healthy, btw, after getting a scare from the docs that she has gestational diabetes. That turned out to be a false alarm.  She found out the gender this week, the folks are begging us to tell them what it is.  I'm not even going to say it on here in case they have somehow found this blog, lmao.  So, that should be fun.

G'day









No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...